The object of Goldmine is to place the ladders on the gameboard so that a path is created from the dwarf to the gold.
1) Select a challenge. Place the dwarf and one, two or three gold puzzle pieces on the gameboard as shown.
2) Place the puzzle pieces with ladders on the game board to create a path from the dwarf to the gold:
- The goldmine is divided into different floors with different caves.
- The dwarf can move from one floor to an adjacent floor using a ladder.
- The dwarf cannot move from one cave to an adjacent cave on the same floor! The dwarf can only go to an adjacent cave which is on a different floor.
- Ladders can only connect adjacent floors. Floor skipping is not permitted!
- Transparent puzzle pieces should be placed with the artwork facing upwards and without overlapping other pieces or the border of the game board
3)There is only 1 solution, shown at the end of the challenge booklet.